The Customer journey map is key to manage the customer experience, in this post we will understand what it is and what it is for. If you want to know more about it, the expert Jeanne Bliss shares her vision of the utilities of the customer journey map at here.
WHAT IS THE CUSTOMER JOURNEY MAP AND WHAT IS IT FOR?
To elaborate the process map of the current customer experience, we must resort to the customer journey map, which is a diagram that shows the end-to-end steps that your customer follows when interacting with your company, be it with the brand, products, services and personnel… You can see this concept developed at this link.
Therefore, the customer journey map is the review of the activities that impact from the customer’s perspective. As examples we can refer to how customers get information about companies, how they buy, how they use the product. Likewise, we will look for disruptive processes and unnecessary activities that create cost and lack of satisfaction that will be clear examples of improvement.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN USES OF THE CUSTOMER JOURNEY MAP?
The main uses of the Customer Journey map, also collected by the expert Roberta Cirus in this link.
Here you are some of the main uses:
- Understanding and redesigning the customer experience.
- Align the external and internal vision, the company is often seen as a set of separate silos.
- Design customer relationship funnels.
- Identify existing processes, not ideals.
- Identify useless processes, improving efficiency and eliminating inconsistency.
- Supporting the design of a new customer experience.
- Establish development priorities.
- Improve customer experience measurement.
- Identify the customer experience of different types of consumers.
- Identify the experience across businesses, information silos and channels.
The main benefits of customer experience :
- Provides a single view of the experience delivered across the different touch points with the company.
- Defines the requirements of key enablers (skills, data, processes…).
- Highlight areas of importance where effort should be applied and those not valued by the customer.
If you want to get all these benefits in your company request a demo of our experience management tool in allswers.